You cannot make peace with food when you are at war with your body. Your body image and eating habits are so intrinsically linked – one really does affect the other. When you don’t feel the need to change your body shape and size you are more relaxed around food, and don’t feel the need to eat solely for the purpose of changing your body.
Loving your body doesn’t come easy though. What if you don’t feel like you can love your body? Let’s start with appreciating, and being respectful of, your body. In this module we will look at how to integrate that into your life.
- Why you don’t have to love your body to respect it
- How you can appreciate something about your body, even if you think you can’t
- How your body gets the blame for the failings of others
- What body checking is, and how to change those habits
- The internal and external influences on body image
- How to integrate body respect into your life